Morgan is not my athletic child. She loves horseback riding, art and music but none of them are really physical. Therefore, we have been trying to find something to get her involved in. Our only thought that might work for her was swimming. She loves to swim and hates to sweat! Then I had several people that have only children tell me how grueling the time and energy you have to put into it. You have to travel and the days are very long for your child to just swim 10 minutes. With having 2 other children and a husband that works long hours, I didn't think I'd be able to commit to such a schedule. So, when Morgan brought home information about a running club at school AND she was interested in it, we jumped on the opportunity! It was a lottery draw of 25 girls and 25 boys and she was picked, YAY! They practiced every Tuesday after school and learned about nutrition, manners and bullying. They were working up to a 5K and the day had come when they were going to run the 5K BUT they needed a buddy to run and encourage them. I wanted to do it but knew there was no way I would be able to run 1 mile let alone 3! So, I asked my friend Buffie who was willing and excited! The day came, the weather was nasty and Buffie wasn't feeling all that well so I told Buffie to stay home and get well. Due to the weather being so nasty, they cut it down to 1 mile............THANK GOD!! We ran/walked the mile and had fun doing it in the rain! I really would like to start running, I just don't know when I'd be able to do it without the kids! I think that will be my New Years Resolution, to find the time!
That's our blurred pink and blue shadow. Avery took this while sitting in the car :-)
That's our blurred pink and blue shadow. Avery took this while sitting in the car :-)
We did it!



0 comments:
Post a Comment