BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Quiet Time

Our church's women's ministry was having a 'bible study' this morning. I don't know what made me go, I never questioned whether I should have gone or not, I just went. I signed up to be a greeter and we had a reasonable turnout. It was not at all what I thought it was going to be. I really had no expectations but if I did, this would not have even come close. Becky spoke for a little bit about Advent and such and then we were able to go off and find a quiet spot for approx. 20min. This was okay. I tried really hard to clear my mind of the list of stuff I had to do that day and the week to come. About 15 min. into our time, I felt a little relaxed. We then met again for a brief moment and then out we went again, to be quiet with ourselves and the Lord. This time I had a REALLY hard time. I was antsy and uncomfortable. I'm starting to learn a few things about myself that I didn't really know, or at least I've never thought about. I cannot be alone! Maybe for a few hours in my own house so that I can clean it but no more! I think I've lived in Chaos for too long that there is no going back!

0 comments: