I have "attempted" to potty train Brycen all summer with no luck. He has showed no interest in it what so ever up until about a month ago when he FINALLY started telling us that he had a poopy. I glimmer of hope I thought but then regression as I get a whiff of something and ask Brycen if he went poopy and he tells me "no". Upon researching further, by peeking in the back of his diaper, I discover he has indeed pooped his pants!!
See people, Brycen is going to be 3 in October, technically he should be in my class at preschool since he won't be 3 until AFTER school starts but the awesome director of the school I work for knows that putting us together in the same class, is not a good idea. Therefore the only other solution is to move him up to the 3's. Rules of the 3's is that they need to be potty trained!!! I have stressed about this all summer to no prevail. Finally I thought to myself, the girls are in school all day, I don't go back to work until next week (officially the week after that), therefore, there is no reason we cannot commit and really work on getting him potty trained. We woke up this morning as we normally do :-) Brycen of course has a wet and poopy diaper as usual. I told him that we were going to put on Big Boy underwear but he could not pee pee in them because Diego would be sad (that's who was on the underwear). He complied. I made him sit on the potty every 30-45min or so, he went. We ran some errands and went out to lunch for about 2 1/2 hours and only 2 potty breaks, came home ate ice cream, more potty breaks, girls came home from school, dropped Morgan off at horseback riding lessons, ran to Publix, back home, back to pick Morgan up, went home, he fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep when we got home, cooked dinner, ate dinner................all while staying dry!!! I was so happy and proud. Everytime he pees on the potty he looks at me and says, "that make you happy?" I tell him that I'm proud of him and he says "I proud of you too mommy". All day, only 1 accident and that didn't come until AFTER dinner and I forgot to make him go potty. I pray that tomorrow is as good of a day as today!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment